Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Keep on using me until you use me up..


When I heard that Kurt Warner would be visiting the 49ers yesterday, I didn't get excited at all. For 3 reasons:


  1. I thought/knew all along that he was using San Francisco to get Arizona to pony up on some dough.

  2. If he was going to leave Arizona at this stage of his career (especially with two of the finest receivers in the game at his disposal), he surely wouldn't come to a rebuilding franchise.

  3. If we DID sign him, it would be Kurt Warner of the NY Giants all over again. A young inexperienced O-line that would get him banged up and gun shy. I don't want that at this point.

So as it is this morning, Arizona is ponying up on the money this morning after Kurt's visit to Frisco.


So Coach Singletary, Mr. McCloughlin, and Young Mr. York, here's your solution at QB. Cut your losses with Alex Smith. Let him go. Bring in someone like Byron Leftwich to run the offense for the next 2 years, and pick up Nate Davis in the 2nd round of the draft this year. You'll be so glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment